Sunday, August 7, 2011

one of these days I will learn.

One of these days I will learn that I cannot plan ANYTHING or count on ANYTHING to go the way I want it to in regards to my treatment.  One day I will learn this and therefore avoid the surprise, frustration, resentment and disappointment that comes with being ill prepared.

A little back story.... those of you who read this know that about a month ago we switched to an RE from my OB/GYN. On my last cycle with my OB/GYN I developed a cyst on my right ovary as a side effect of Clomid. She said it should be a one time thing since I had never had a problem with cysts before. The cyst went away later that month. Shortly after switching Dr's my husband and I went on vacation (before we could do a cycle) my RE suggested that I start birth control pills while on vacation so that I was ready to go when we get back and pretty much guaranteed to not have a cyst. I said no because I have never been on bc before and the idea of regulating my already very regular cycles scared me.

back to present time...

yesterday I had my cd3 baseline scan to make sure I was ready to start all of my meds and do our 5th insemination. My right ovary looked great, in a resting state just as my Dr. wanted..... then there was my left.... I have a fluid filled cyst measuring 28x19mm. Almost twice the size that is safe to begin treatment with. So as if in an "I told you so" moment I am now on bc pills for 2 weeks to get the cyst to at least shrink but hopefully go away entirely. Hopefully in two weeks I will be able to start my meds and get this train rolling out of the station but I'm trying not to let myself get too confident about that happening so that the universe doesn't feel the need to remind me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment