Thursday, June 9, 2011

taking the next steps...

So after getting the news about my cyst on Tuesday my husband and I sat down and talked a lot and it was a great conversation. We decided that we wanted to get a second opinion on what our next steps should be.

My old boss had referred me to her fertility Dr. who's practice is supposed to be one of the best in the city... because of how highly she spoke of him I put him at the top of my list but it's interesting how things work out. I called his office yesterday and left a message about getting a consult, I didn't hear anything from them. I also emailed a couple of other practices who were supposed to be really good as well. As of this morning I still hadn't heard anything from my #1 pick so I called again and left another message... still nothing. One of the other practices (my #2 pick) called me earlier today and the lady was so nice, she answered all my questions and emailed me a book of paperwork to fill out. So when I got home after making the consultation appt with my #2 choice I got on the computer and started looking up reviews of both practices and wow, I think things just automatically work out the way they are supposed to... my #1 choice got some terrible reviews and I couldn't find more than 2 negative reviews about my 2nd choice. Needless to say I think at this point if my #1 place ever calls me back I will hold off on going there for a consultation.

My only concern going into this is how much more it's going to cost me vs. going to my OB/GYN who is really reasonable priced. I'm hoping it wont cost us a whole lot more, I guess we will find that out in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment